Bank Mortgages &
If you presently have a mortgage, you probably have memories of the sizable stack of papers that you had to review before signing. Those who are buying their first home can quite understandably feel overwhelmed not only by the amount of paperwork, but also the terms and details contained therein.
We can help you understand it all by putting it into terms that make sense. When it is time to sign, we’ll review all the details and small print before you enter the binding agreement. As experienced real estate attorneys, we understand how mortgage documents are drafted and we know what to watch for to protect your best interests throughout your transaction.
We know that as exciting as buying a home may be, there is also a degree of stress. We work to minimize that stress by helping you through the entire process. We will review:
- the specifics of your mortgage loan
- the security you provide to the bank in exchange for your loan
- what is listed on the home’s title
- the charge/mortgage terms from the lender, including the recourse that might take place if you become delinquent in your mortgage payments
- the terms of the mortgage, modifying them with the bank if necessary
We will also ensure outstanding mortgages are paid out using the money included in your new mortgage, and discharge them from the title to your property. And, we’ll be present at closing to review everything you are required to sign.
Refinancing your mortgage is not an easy choice to make and the process itself is more involved than you might anticipate. Refinancing involves more than simply meeting with your bank to request additional money. With the number of refinancing options available, having qualified legal assistance can save you money and help ensure a more stable financial future.
You will find that having an experienced real estate attorney in your corner helps the entire process proceed more smoothly and in fact, depending on the circumstances, you might find that your bank or mortgage lender is actually expecting this. Why?
Lenders want to be sure that the mortgage and associated property have been cleared by a real-estate lawyer. To accomplish this, we will research the property title and the first mortgage attached to it. Lenders will need to be aware of any legal issues that could impact the sale of the home, particularly if they seize the property upon default. These issues could include liens, certificates of pending litigation, other individuals having rights to use the property, and more, any of which could affect the status of the property. The mortgage lender will need all these possibilities investigated by a real estate attorney.
Whether you need a mortgage or refinancing, we are here to help. Let us put our expertise to work for you!
We offer other services to help you with your legal documents.
- Travel Letters
- Certified True Copies of Documents
- Insurance Loss Declarations
- Letters of Invitation for Foreign Travel
- Notarizations/Attestations of Signatures
- Statutory Declarations
- Flood Covenants
- Business Purchase/Sale
- Commercial Leases and Assignments of Leases
- Contracts and Agreements
- Easements and Rights of Way
- Estate Planning
- Execution/Authentication of International Documents
- Health Care Declarations
- Manufactured Home Transfers
- Marine Bills of Sale and Mortgages
- Personal Property Security Agreements
- Commercial Real Estate Transfers
- Restrictive Covenants
- Subdivisions and Statutory Building Schemes